Job listing: Ghent University Scientific staff member (60%)
Apply before 30/06/2021 23:59 (Brussels Time).
Ghent University is a world of its own. Employing more than 8,000 people, it is actively involved in education and research, management and administration, as well as technical and social service provision on a daily basis.
It is one of the largest, most exciting employers in the area and offers great career opportunities. With its 11 faculties and more than 80 departments offering state-of-the-art study programmes grounded in research in a wide range of academic fields, Ghent University is a logical choice for its staff and students.
UGent collaborates with 11 Europese partners in the SEAS project financed by the EU (Horizon 2020). We are looking for a part-time researcher (60%) for the UGent project team coordinated by Prof. Katrien Van Poeck. You will be employed at the Department of Political Science, more specifically in the multi-disciplinary Centre for Sustainable Development. The sustainability education research team is strongly embedded in an international network.
- Qualitative data collection (interviews, observations).
- Analysis of qualitative research data.
- Contributing to the development of research reports.
- Supporting pilot schools and partners in setting up educational practices.
- Assist in the development of tools for sustainability education through ‘open schooling’.
- Editorial work for the dissemination of research results.
We also have a vacant position for a part-time scientific staff member (40%) for the SEDwise netwerk. Interested in combining both functions? Then make sure to apply for the two open positions.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
You hold a Master’s degree (at the time of employment) in a domain that is related to sustainability education.
- You have didactic knowledge and skills.
- You have a strong interest in (research about) sustainability education. Familiarity with the scientific literature in the field is a plus.
- You have strong communication skills, both orally and in writing.
- You are very proficient in Dutch and English (very good knowledge of Dutch is a crucial requirement for conducting the empirical research).
- You show a sense of initiative and work quality-oriented.
- You function well in a multidisciplinary environment.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
We offer you a contract of definite duration for the period of 1 year, possibly with the option to start a follow-up trajectory as a PhD student after this year.
Your contract will start on 16/08/2021 at the earliest.
Your remuneration will be determined by salary scale WM1 to WM4. Click here for more information about our salary scales.
All Ghent University staff members enjoy a number of benefits, such as a wide range of training and education opportunities, 35 days of holiday leave (on an annual basis for a full-time job) supplemented by annual fixed bridge days, bicycle allowance and eco vouchers. Click here for a complete overview of all the staff benefits (in Dutch).
Apply online through the e-recruitment system before the application deadline (see above). We do not accept late applications or applications that are not submitted through the online systm.
Job interviews will take place on 8th and 9th of July 2021.
Your application must include the following documents:
- In the field ‘CV’: your CV and an overview of your study results (merged into one pdf file)
- In the field ‘Cover letter’: your application letter in pdf format
- In the field ‘Diploma’: a transcript of the required degree (if already in your possession). If you have a foreign diploma in a language other than our national languages (Dutch, French or German) or English, please add a translation in one of the mentioned languages.
- In the field “other documents”: an overview of your study results, master thesis (if already in your possession).
Note that the maximum file size for each field is 10 MB